The Bloomington Blades Youth Hockey Association (BBYHA) is the only organization in the Monroe and surrounding county area providing young people the opportunity to play competitive ice hockey.
Hockey has the reputation of being an expensive sport. This is often true because the costs associated with operating a hockey program are considerable. We depend on the generous support of members of the community to help cover the gap between our program fee income and our expenses.
Did you know that:
- Ice rentals are $200-$250 per hour or more. Seasonal expenses for ice are tens of thousands of dollars.
- We must pay for officials, league fees, tournament fees, coaching education, uniforms and equipment.
- We receive no funding from city, county, or school system sources.
- Our coaches and board members are all volunteers.
- To keep our program fees affordable, our fees alone do not cover our expenses.
- We are one of the lowest-cost travel hockey programs anywhere, and offer need-based scholarships to families with limited means to pay fees.
If you would like to help, please contact our Fundraising Director Nicole Lukes at firstname.lastname@example.org
to learn more about sponsorship options that are right for you.
The BBYHA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit public charity and your contributions may be tax-deductible.