BBYHA News & Schedule
Mini-Blades On Ice! (plus rental gear return)
Feb 11, 2020
The 8U team is playing on Indy Fuel ice during intermission on Sunday March 15 at 3:05 pm. Come support the team at the Indiana Farmer's Coliseum! Buy tickets here.
House Hockey Rental Return is the week of Feb 17.
Dine and Donate: Mark your calendars for a few upcoming fundraisers that will give you a good meal without any of the dishes:
- February 26 at College Mall Azzip Pizza. You'll need to print out this flyer or show it on your phone for your donation to count.
- June 6, 5-9 pm at College Mall Chipotle. You'll need to print out this flyer or show it on your phone for your donation to count.
Want your business to get some attention from the home crowd? Find out more about sponsorships!
November 3, 2019
The 10U, 12U and 14U teams won their divisions in the Evansville Big Bear Tournament! Come support the 10U Squirts and 12U Peewees in a home tournament at Frank Southern Ice Center, Sunday Nov 10, 7:45am - 1:15 pm.
Fundraising Poker Night, Friday November 8
Thanks to Neil Patzer for organizing a Texas Hold’em Poker Fundraiser. Next Friday night, November 8, starting at 6pm at Eagles Lodge, 3100 S Walnut St. $50 buy in + options. We'd like to have at least 50 people there to make this something we can consider doing again, so bring your friends and support the Blades!
October 21, 2019
Come cheer for the Blades ! There are several home games coming up.
- Oct 27, 9:15 am and 12:15 pm: The Bantam 14U team plays Evansville at the Frank Southern Arena
- Nov 3, 11am-1:30 pm: the Mites 8U team hosts a home tournament at the Frank Southern Arena with 3 other teams from around the Buckeye Hockey League.
Want your business to get some attention from the home crowd? Click here to find out more about sponsorships.
News & announcements archive
Lace your skates! (rental and schedule update)
September 30, 2019
- If you need rental gear, our 8U Mites Team Manager Sarah Powers will offer two rental-gear tryout times at the Frank Southern Ice Arena: Tuesday October 15, 6-7 pm; Monday, Oct 21, 5-6 pm. Click here to fill out a rental request in advance. Please note that we have a limited supply of helmets. If these times don't work, please email to arrange a fitting at Frank Southern Ice Arena.
- House Hockey for 8U/10U/12U begins October 22, and all players on the Blades 8U/10U/12U team should be registered for both Blades and City of Bloomington House Hockey. Click here for House Hockey info and registration.
- 8U Blades start practice Oct 5-12, Tuesdays 6-7 pm and Saturdays 8-9:15 am, with the 10U team. On and after October 19th, 8U/10U will practice Tuesdays 6-7 pm and Saturday 8-10a.
Prospective Tournament Dates for 10U/12U/14U
August 10, 2019
- BBYHA will again participate in the Buckeye Travel Hockey League as we have in the past. Some important dates for Buckeye related activity:
- September 14-15, 2019: Pre-Season Seeding Tournament (
- September 28, 2019: League Play Begins (
- February 21-23, 2020: Post Season Tournament
Please note that games may begin as early as NOON EASTERN TIME on the Friday of each of these tournament weekends, so school attendance will likely be affected; please plan accordingly.
Additionally, the 10U/12U/14U teams have identified the following as prospective tournament weekends (subject to change):
- One of the 1st two weekends in December, 2019
- January 18-19, 2020
- Feb 14-16, 2020
Registration for 2019-2020 is open
August 7, 2019
2019-2020 Registration is open! Register your BBYHA player today!
All team registrations need to be complete before our first session on the ice in Columbus (Aug 14). If you played for BBYHA or in House Hockey in 2018-9, you'll be on your team manager's distribution list already.
If you're new to the team, please send email to email@example.com with your player's name and birth year and we'll forward your address to the right team manager.
Registration for 2019-2020 (some changes)
July 8, 2019
We sought out straw-poll feedback from a variety of who found their busy summer sports’ schedules, vacations and back-to-school planning made the addition of the pool party more of a “task” vs. a communal, fun start to the season. Thus, we’re going to try something a little different this season and evaluate after this trial.
Teams at each age level will hold their own registration and team introduction/welcome meetings at locations determined by each age group’s team manager (and coaching staff). Picnics, smaller gatherings, pitch ins, etc. will be scheduled via each team’s manager.
These will take place in the coming months, with all team registration being complete before our first session on the ice in Columbus (Aug 14). If you played for BBYHA or in House Hockey, you'll be on your team manager's distribution list already. If you're new to the team, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the player's age and we'll forward your information to the right team manager.
All Blades players need to register for USA Hockey and for the Blades. Our younger players also register for House Hockey through Bloomington Parks & recreation. Visit our Registration page for more details.
Equipment exchange among players and BBYHA rental equipment IS still available! Team managers will be handling this process as part of the pre-season meetings and/or registration process.
Pre-Season Practice Opportunities
July 5, 2019
For 2011 - 2002 players, Total Package Hockey (TPH) has a few 2-day skills clinics in the last half of July on the small rink at Hamilton Center Ice Arena in Columbus, IN. If your player is desperate to get back on the ice before practices start, click here to register.