REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
Not sure which hockey experience is right for you?
You're 3 easy steps from 2021-22 Blades Hockey
- Register with the Blades: https://bloomingtonblades.sportngin.com/register/form/069138152?fbclid=IwAR0dWIll6a9bzO58qk0J-XwsZPn3OhS2I9g6ngNKKLMqDBnJvIw0GY2Pyu8 . Registration deadline: Sept 10 2021.
- Register with USA Hockey and get a membership number: https://membership.usahockey.com/
- Register for your player's age-group house-hockey session at Bloomington Parks and Rec House Hockey if your player is 12 and under: https://bloomington.in.gov/recreation/sports/hockey/league (registration will open the first week of August and closes in early October; we'll remind folks to register on our Facebook page)
QUESTIONS? Please reach out to our registrar with any questions about your registration: email@example.com
Who we are
We're a non-profit, volunteer-run organization with one goal: to get your kids on the ice and having fun. The BBYHA ice hockey program serves the city of Bloomington and the surrounding counties of Monroe, Morgan, Lawrence, Owen, and Greene.
We provide an equal opportunity for all children to play hockey in a competitive, organized manner, under the instruction and supervision of qualified coaches, with the goal of developing athletic skills, a sense of citizenship, sportsmanship, and fair play.
Our teams' successes in competitive play come from the community they build in fun, active practices that emphasize team building.
- Our 14-and-under (14U) team won the Buckeye Travel Hockey League (BTHL) regular season championship
- Our 12U team finished second in the BTHL, Lower Division, End of Season Tournament
- Our 10U team finished second in the BTHL, West Division, during the regular season
- Our 8U players fought hard, developed skills, and had a lot of fun all season long.
- All of our coaches and players are registered members of USA Hockey, which focuses on team building, age-appropriate athlete development and good citizenship in addition to hockey skills.
- Together with the City of Bloomington, we sponsor a no-travel house hockey league . All of our 12U/10U/8U travel-team players participate in this house-hockey program so they can get more time on the ice with a larger group of peers.